Recovering from an Accident

On March 29, 2018, I was involved in a four-car accident. It's been four months and I am still trying to grasp what happened. Having Sjogren's and Hashmotti along with my spinal stenosis has made my recovery long and frustrating. Just trying to focus has been trying.
The comeback is always stronger than the setback.” — author unknown.
In just a blink of the eye…everything changed. It was the noise I remember. Oh no, is what I thought. I can’t believe this happening. My kids. My dog. Dear Lord don’t let me die. Is this what my sisters thought, my brother, my dad the day they drew their last breath. It was happening to me. Why didn’t I stay home? I should have stayed home. What was so important?  I never go out on Good Friday.  My mother never let us as a kid. Please God let me be ok. I promise I'll be better person.  They say you re-live moments of your life before you die. Is that what was happening to me.
 “Mom, I was in an accident and it’s bad.”
“Where are you?”
. “I just want to let you know I love.”
I couldn’t find my sons number. I wasn’t thinking clearly. My phone numbers were jumbled. Finally, I found it.
I was only a few minutes from my house. A few minutes. I was singing to Kesha’s Praying on the radio. I felt the impact. I didn’t see it. It was white. The airbag blocked my vision. Please God don’t let me die. I want to see my kids get married, I want to see my grandchildren. I don’t care about anything else. I promise I will be a better person. I promise. Again, and again, and again I was hit. And then I stopped. The door opened. A woman. I remembered seeing her weeks before at a wine tasting party at her floral shop. 

That's basically all I remember. One of the symptoms of Sjogren's syndrome is brain fog. Was that what caused my accident?  I wish it was that easy.  

I finally started to make it down the stairs leg over leg. Getting out and about has been a struggle.
I just gave up the cane, but its scary walking across the parking lot when you take baby steps and at any moment your knee may give out or you land to fast on the pavement. I don't know if my autoimmune diseases are making my recovery slower or not.

Prayer has helped tremendously and Reiki self-healing.  I am still doing the no- wheat and low sugar to try and beat this inflammation. I have neglected this blog but that is going to change. So many life changes are putting me into a slump.  My sons are leaving the nest, I was terminated from my job because of a clerical error in HR not getting my medical forms in on time. I lost more siblings and my dad over the years. My writing career is in a slump and the heartache of having your stories ripped out. Staying positive in a negative world is hard. But I am doing it like I always do. I pull my bootstraps up and smile. I am back on the saddle again. 



https://missdiagnoses.com/2017/07/16/50-shades-of-brain-fog-part-one/



Comments

Popular Posts