Whole 30





Pain. We all have it whether we like or not. I believe it’s a good way of looking at life as long as you have it you know your heart is still ticking.  If you don't then you're dead. Living with an autoimmune disease in my case causes inflammation or does it, or is it the junk we stick in our mouth that is causing all the aches and pains of life? According to the author of Whole 30 Melissa Hartwig it’s the sugar, grains, and diary along with MSG and the preservatives in our food that is causing the pain. She claims these types of word is the problem. 

"Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it. Are your energy levels inconsistent or non-existent? Do you have aches and pains that can’t be explained by over-use or injury? Are you having a hard time losing weight no matter how hard you try? Do you have some sort of condition, like skin issues, digestive ailments, seasonal allergies, or chronic pain, that medication hasn’t helped? These symptoms are often directly related to the foods you eat—even the “healthy” stuff. So how do you know if (and how) these foods are affecting you?"

Hartwig's whole 30 is basically the https://www.healthline.com/health/aip-diet in a nut shell, or the elimination diet. 

I have a big problem with eliminating sugar, grains, and diary at the same time because re-introducing the foods back into our systems may not solve the problem. Which is it the sugar, or the flour? What is the true culprit? 

My mother always told me moderation--a little of this, a little of that is no problem its when we overload our bodies that is the problem. 

What I've learned from experience that helps with the inflammation is to stay away from cow's milk, gluten, corn, and night shade and increase good fats like olive oil, walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios, almonds, macadamia nuts and stay away from peanuts. And most of all if God did not make it, stay away! Believe me, that is a tough one because we are a nation of convenience. I stock up on protein bars and shakes especially when dieting. 

Over the years, I tried the keto diet and I will tell you I was never inflamed when doing it. Which leads me to try a new approach to the keto diet bringing back healthy fats and lean meats, veggies and keeping the grains at bay. 

I am doing a tweaked version of the whole 30 but keeping diary in because it does not bother me. I also have two stevia for my coffee. I just can't do the black coffee. 

Will this approach to eating calm the flame of inflammation and help in the healing process of my banged up soft tissue around my knee? I can only pray it does. 

I hope some of this is helpful. And if you know of a sure way to reduce inflammation please comment below! 


Comments

  1. After reading your article you must know what I have written here red delicious apple nutrition.This one is being written after getting inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts