I was visiting https://www.facebook.com/groups/SjogrensAlternatieTherapies/ Facebook page today and was amazed about how many people complain about their doctors. One post commented on
 how her doctor said most of her ailments were in her head! When I hear this I want to scream.  
Yerika said
"Ok so my general doctor thinks 95% of my pain, and symptoms are caused by depression! !! 
Really? Diagnosed with Sjogren, bulging disks, dysphagia, arthritis, scoliosis, trigeminal neuralgia, 
neuropathy, giant platelet. Its just depression! Damn I'm mad. Too bad I cannot change doctors, she the only one in practice that takes my insurance! Venting.

I just want to scream when I see this. I have the same issue as the Yerika and believe me its not
 from depression. I went to a new Rhemy, whom I was so excited about going to until she treated me like cattle. She would not even look me in the eye. I was so upset by the time I left her office, I was in tears. My PC wanted to drug me up with 
Cymbalta and neutrion! Doctors are so willing to pump you up with drugs to shut you up. I don't need someone telling me I'm depressed. Feeling like shit 24/7 will make you 
depressed and dumping drugs into your system is not going to make you feel better.  

Needless to say I am not going back to that doctor.

First off, doctors need to have a little compassion with their patients and not make us feel like we're
 children. I've decided to treat my symptoms and come to terms with this disease. One of the ways I'm doing this is not letting the disease label who I am. I am not Sjogren or Hashimotto 
or Spinal Stenosis or RA. These diseases do not dictate who I am....I am a beautiful 52-year-old woman in the prime of her life with some challenges.  

I love the social media sights, and I get a lot of information about Sjogren's but sometimes  when I leave the page I feel my symptoms more and 
then I begin to dwell on my physical problems making them more noticeable, that's when I try to limit my social media interactions, 

Just remember, we are living and breathing. A little reminder as long as we have the pain  we are still alive, others don't have the luxury. 

Remember to treat your body with respect and love, and it will show. 


My morning shake brings a smart start to my day...  



I scoop of protein powder(gluten free organic) 
8 oz of almond milk
cups of power greens 
1/4 of Greek yogurt 
TSP of tart cherry juice( great for inflammation 
1/3 cup of berries(any kind)
1/2 of banana
purified water 

Comments

Popular Posts